Please Note: The pictures in this guide are from Outlook 2013, however the same process can be followed for other versions of Outlook. Also please be aware Microsoft Outlook 2003 and earlier do not support Managed Exchange or Office 365 natively.
This guide will help you setup your Managed Exchange email account in Microsoft Outlook .
To start, open up Microsoft Outlook. If the 'Add Account Wizard' appears for you, scroll to the 'Add Account Wizard' section below. If you don’t see the Wizard, follow the steps from here.
Opening the Add Account Wizard
- Click the FILE tab
- Click Account Settings, then Account Settings….
- This will open the Account Settings window.
- Click 'New' to launch the Wizard.
Add Account Wizard
- Enter your email account information, then click 'Next'
- Outlook will continue and possibly display some warnings, messages & security prompts.
- Accept the prompts as they are displayed on the screen, these are confirming security rules and settings for your Outlook to communicate with your Managed Exchange or Office 365 email account.
- Three green ticks will confirm if the wizard has been successful after that simply click 'Finish'. You will now have to restart your Outlook for the email setup to be completed successfully.
- Once you restart Microsoft Outlook, it may ask you enter your username and password a few times, select 'Please Remember my Credentials' and input your email address and password.